Contributors

Monday 3 May 2010

To be honest it was quite clear Jeremiah Terminator was a woman




But who cares?

She's one of the best writers i've ever read.
Ok, she might not be Dostoevskij, Dickens or Jean-Paul Sartre, but she's a genius.

The first J.T. LeRoy's book I read it was "Harold's End".
I found this book very striking.
It's a sick story about an outsider taking care of an escargot.
Well, in reality the whole plot is an exposé of how people
pretend to help the ones in need just for their self-interest.


The second book I read was "The heart is deceitful above all things".
No, I haven't seen the movie, and got no intentions to do so.
This story is totally wicked. It's about Jeremiah, a 5 years old baby,
which travels around America from trucker to trucker with his mother,
an alcoholic and drug-addict sad bitch.
Several "hot" themes are developed: child sexual abuse, shoplifting, physical abuse, sodomy, drug abuse, violence, prostitution, etc.
I'm pretty sure that if you'll have the courage to read this novel,
you will devour it in a few hours.



Then, finally, I read Sarah.
I found it less strong than the others.
Maybe less commercial but also less convincing.
Sarah is the development of the story, when Jeremiah becomes a teenager.



I would advise to read J.T. LeRoy's biography (real name Laura Albert).
Creating Jeremiah Terminator she has designed a brand new writer, far away from her status of mother,
but quite close in some parts with her past life.


I would love to read Labour, her latest book, published 3 years ago,
but still not available in Italy.



No comments:

Post a Comment